Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Mom and Dad's House


Playing around on Microsoft Virtual Earth, I was able to get nice images of my parent's home in Oregon. Amazing how much the neighbor's trees have grown up since I lived there as a kid. No wonder my folks got a Pileated Woodpecker visiting their yard last year. You wouldn't have seen that in my yard when I was growing up in the 70s and 80s.

Back on 21 December 1999, while visiting my folks, I had a Eurasian Collared-Dove fly over the road and my neighbors house (on the left). The Oregon Bird Records Committee eventually accepted my sighting as the first accepted record of that bird in Oregon.

No comments:

Nature Blog Network Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites